
Happy 7 month birthday sweet boy! I say this every month, but where has the time gone? I can remember the day you were born just like it was yesterday. I had such mixed feelings. On one hand, I wanted to meet you so badly, but I knew it was too early and there were so many risks if you were to be born that day. I have never been so scared in my whole life. I clearly remember the conversation that I had with God as I was being wheeled into the surgery room. I pleaded with Him to keep you safe and to let you have a chance at a long, normal, healthy life. God went above and beyond my prayers and He gave us you! Our little 3lb 8oz miracle. I know how blessed I am to have you and I thank God for you every day.
At 7 months, you are really starting to teeth. You put everything you can get your hands on into your mouth! In fact, this morning when I was rocking you back to sleep, you grabbed my face with both hands and tried to bite my chin! You wear some 9 month clothes, but mostly 12 month clothes. You wear a size 3 shoe and you have quite the collection of cute ones! Daddy just rolls his eyes that you need shoes when you don't even walk yet.
One of your favorite things to do is hold onto our thumbs and stand on your own. You eat pretty much everything, but I think bananas are your favorite. You go to bed at 6:45PM - just like clockwork, and get up around 4 for a quick bottle. Then you go back to sleep until Mommy wakes you at 7 to get ready to go to Ronda's.
You belly laugh at lots of different things, especially when we "get you." Your favorite books have textured pages. You touch and scratch everything right now to feel the texture. You love the fabric on your rocking chair!
Ronda takes you to the park every day and you love to swing! Swinging at Ronda's isn't quite as fun, but it still makes you smile.

You and your buddy Liam hanging out

You are such a little ham!

This is your cute little bed at daycare
As I type this, I am listening to your soft snoring through the monitor and it melts my heart. We got so lucky. I don't know what we did to deserve you, but we feel so lucky!
1 comment:
Laurie, you are one of the sweetest, most caring Mommies I know. I love reading your stories and Owen's development stats. This one jerked my heart because of your recollection of Owen's birth situation. He truly is a miracle, but I have no doubt God knew what he was doing when he placed Owen with you and Paul. You are very wonderful parents!
~Stephanie R.
Post a Comment