Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Halloween Blues

Halloween 2012 wasn't one to write home about unfortunately.  Owen was very excited to be a fireman and our neighbors lent a costume to him.  It was a hair big, but he loved it, so a fireman he was!  He started to get his 3 year molars the week before Halloween.  He was crabby, had a fever and wasn't eating well, so he was home from daycare for two days.  Then he seemed better over the weekend and on Monday.  On Tuesday though, I got a call from Heidi saying that he was acting lethargic, not interested in his normal activities, was shivering and just wasn't himself.  So, I went and picked him up and by that afternoon, he had a 101.7 temp and was miserable.  I even asked Paul to bring a shake home for him so he'd get some fat and protein.  He's been living off of jusice and fruit/veggie pouches.  By about 7:30, I decided to take him in, just in case.  He got his finger "pinched" (blood drawn) and a strep test.  That came back negative, but his white blood count was really low, which meant he had a virus. 

He seemed to be acting more himself the next morning, but he still had a fever and couldn't go to Heidi's for the big Halloween party. :(  I tried my best to make it a fun day, but there is only so much that can compete with treats, costumes and parties!

After we convinced him to eat a few bites of dinner, we put his costume on and made it to one house before he was whining and not into it anymore.  We made it to a totaly of 3 houses, and then we were back home.  He did have fun handing out treats to a couple of kids, then off to bed. :(

These are the treats I made for Owen to take to his party at Heidi's. 
 Showing off the mask he made at Heidi's the day a few days before Halloween
 Our little fireman
 Our neighbor doggie, Bella.  Owen said, "Bellla looks nice!"

No comments: