Monday, March 10, 2008

Girls Day Out

It was a pretty low-key weekend at our house. Paul was trying to get over the flu, so we didn’t do a whole lot. On Friday night, we watched Rendition – it was a pretty good movie. I thought the ending lacked a litle bit, but overall, it was good.

My friend Lisa, her little girl Lindsey and I went skiing on Saturday. It is always fun to go with them and to see things through the eyes of a 4-year-old. She is not afraid at all and just cruises down blue square and black diamond runs like they are nothing. I really, really wish I would’ve gotten into skiing when I was younger so that I could be more like that. As you get older, you tend to be more cautious of everyone around you and what they are doing. When you are 4, you assume they’ll look out for you - and for the most part, they do.


Follow the Leader


Making S's


Taking a Snack Break


It's Lunchtime!

Lisa is working on loading and unloading the lifts with Lindsey. She did SO WELL on Saturday! Early in the season, Lisa and I saw a little boy fall from the chair lift and break 2 vertebrae in his back. It’s always in the back of your mind that you can fall, but when you actually see it, it makes it more real. The worst part was that the little boy's dad was in the chalet and he was out skiing alone. He was only about 5 or 6! So, Lisa and Joe have been working really hard with her and on Saturday it seemed like it finally clicked. She has it down now!


Sunday, Paul and I went to church and then just did the fun stuff – laundry, grocery shopping, etc. We are so exciting!

1 comment:

Milbrandt's said...

I am terrified of skiing! I wish someone would have started me young! Great pics!