Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekend Fun!

Paul and I took a half day on Friday and headed to Welch Village for his work ski/snowboarding party. It was the first time that we had skied at night, so it was interesting. We both thought it was difficult to ski at dusk because the depth perception is so different without shadows. Once the sun went down and the lights went on, we had a great time. I think about 20-some people were there from his work. I tried to get a good shot of us grilling out, but this is the best I got. Out of that group, I was one of the only women so I didn't want to look like too much of a dork and keep taking pictures! If it had been my coworkers, you'd better believe that there would be a posed picture of everyone!

At about 9:30, we headed to Treasure Island to check into our room. OH MY GOSH! I think every single smoker within a 125 mile radius now hangs out at the casino! We had to walk through the casino to get to the hotel check out and just in those few minutes, our eyes were burning, our clothes and hair absorbed a ton of smoke and we could hardly breathe. Same on the way back to our car the next morning. UGH! We won't be going there again!

Saturday night, we had a really fun game night with Jackie, John and Hannah.




When we got home, this is what we found.....two very snoozy pups! It's obviously hard work sleeping overnight at Grandma and Grandpa's house - all that snuggling and getting spoiled! But they took one for the team and managed to survive. :0)


No comments: