Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day

We had a really nice weekend. My cousin Missy got married on Saturday night. We are so excited for her and Ryan! They've waited a long time for this and it was PERFECT! She looked stunning, the flowers were gorgeous, the meal was wonderful and all of the attention to detail made it such a beautiful wedding. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Blomberg! Have a great time on your honeymoon!

The wedding was Owen's first chance to meet his Milbrandt relatives. Unfortunately, I didn't get many photos because my camera battery died shortly after we got there, but here is Owen meeting my cousin Dan.


Sunday was my first Mother's Day. I woke up to cards from Owen and Paul. Paul got up early with Owen and stamped his handprint in my card! Such a sweet idea. The boys got me a gift card to go pick out a tree or shrub so that I can watch it grow as I watch Owen grow. :)

As I snuggled with Owen last night, I thought about how lucky I am that God chose me to be his mom. He's such a little miracle and I am so very blessed to have him in my life. Being his mom is the most important job that I will ever have, and Paul and I agree, he is the best thing either of us has ever accomplished. We love you Owen! Thank you for making me a mommy.


To my mom - thanks so much for all that you have done for us. They say girls and their moms go through the turbulent years, but then become friends. My mom is definitely my good friend and I will look to the lessons she taught me over the years as I teach Owen. Thanks mom. I love you!

I wanted to share these cute pics of Owen from yesterday. Aren't his little shoes cute? They are from his Auntie Dawn.


2 comments:

The Withers Family said...

so many cute pictures...as usual! i am glad to hear that you had such a lovely mother's day. can't wait to hold owen and spend time with you! see you soon :)

Dawn said...

Love the shoes! And they match his outfit so nicely! LOL Happy 1st Mother's Day! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Love ya! Dawn