Monday, May 7, 2012

Things I Don't Want to Forget...

I've found that without a camera, I haven't blogged very much.  It just isn't the same to have a blog with all words and no photos to document the experiences.  :(  I need to get on that and get a new camera!

I was thinking today about how much Owen has changed over the last few weeks and how I'm not documenting any of it.  So, there aren't pictures, but these are things I never want to forget.

At 26 months, Owen is a talking machine.  His favorites are truck, dump truck, cool truck, blue truck, big truck, noisy truck (can you tell what he's obsessed with right now!?!), my turn, brokki (broccoli), bike, peoples, poopie, pees, boogers, toes, two foots, monkey, puppy, Bella (the neighbor's puppy), thank you Mama, pease (please), sorry - okay?, Lauwie (Laurie), Paul, Nema (Ronda), mess, dirt, bus, mailbox, medicine, teef (teeth), books, biwdies (birdies), Teet teet (what a biwdie says), onge (orange), ellow (yellow), puwpuw (purple) and beaw (bear).  I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but these are the ones that I can think of right now.

At Ronda's lately, he's been obsessed with watching Terry (her husband) as he is putting in a block patio in the back yard.  Owen loves tools and dirt and blocks, so it is right up his alley.  He was very concerned about the mess though!  Speaking of mess, we ate dinner at a restaurant the other night that has peanuts in the shell that you can eat.  People toss the shells on the floor and he was very worried about the mess.  After the storm on Saturday night, we saw a few cars that had leaves on them and he mentioned that they were a mess too.  Paul's response was, "Hmmm, wonder where he gets that from!"  Some girl will be very grateful for that someday...probably not his college roommate, but a woman for sure with love that about him! :)

One night last week, he was helping me put his jammies into his laundry basket and then he flipped up the cover on his diaper geenie, put his hands in the air and said, "Ta-Daaaa!"  I had no idea that he even knew that word.  Another situation like that was at Target the other day.  We were waiting for the pharmacist to fill his prescription (sinus infection, ear infection and fluid on the other ear) and he started getting all excited, saying, "Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse."  We do not have one thing Mickey Mouse in our house, so we had no idea where that came from! 

He is obsessed with happy.  He wants everyone to be happy and notices if people are smiling or if they look sad.  Even with his toys, he looks to see if they are happy.  I'm sure we are scarring him for life, but we've found that if we don't look happy or use a stern voice during a tantrum or when he isn't listening, that worries him enough to stop and worry why we aren't happy.  He'll do whatever you are asking him to do (share a toy, put on his jammies, put his toothbrush away, etc) and say, "Mama/Daddy, happy?  Okay, happy!" 

Owen is at such a fun age.  His emotions run high and low - he is one extreme or the other, but man, can that kid love.  His hugs and kisses are to die for and when he flashes his silly, mischievous, flirty grin with dimples at me, or says, "Thank you Mama" without me having to remind him, my heart absolutely melts.  I am one lucky Mommy!!!



No comments: