Wednesday, June 6, 2012

We Finally Got a New Camera!

We finally got a new camera - which means I can start blogging again!  Here are a few things that have been happening lately around our house.

Last weekend our church had a summer festival and Owen got to try out his very first sno cone.  He liked it, but thought it was too cold.

 The next day, we helped our friend and neighbor, Leighton, celebrate her 2nd birthday at a very fun Sesame Street themed party...complete with jump tent!

 He had a blast jumping, but also enjoyed playing with their T-ball set...
 ...And their swing set!
 He is OBSESSED with helping me cook lately.  He tells me right where to put the chair and he wants to pour, stir, and whisk with me.  Some girl is going to love that some day!
 Love this little man!
 We've been having major sleep issues with Owen.  He goes to bed well, but wakes up an hour later throwing a complete fit (rage wouldn't be over-exaggerating) for sometimes an hour or two before he crashes.  Then, some nights, he keeps waking through the night doing it.  He also stopped sleeping until 7AM and now rises between 4AM and 5:30AM, which makes for a short night and a hard morning schedule for Paul and me!  We've tried so many things and nothing seems to be working right now.  I'm not digging this phase at all!  Anyway, I was alone with him on Monday night, so I took him to the park to get him all tired out, hoping that would help.  It didn't, but we still had fun!


 A bug Mama!  He is really into bugs right now too!  He wants to get right down and look at them, watch them and sometimes touch them.
 He loves "cones" right now.  I found a recipe where you freeze chunks of banana and then put them in the food processor.  It makes a really yummy, creamy almost soft-serve type of "ice cream."  I buy these little tiny cones and O loves his banana ice cream.
 Okay, I don't even want to post this one because it is horrible of me, but the story behind it was cute.  I was going to work out, so I asked him if he wanted to exercise with me.  He enthusiastically said yes.  I definitely want to encourage him to be active, so I moved the ottoman to make room for both of us.  He liked my hand weights, so I cut a paper towel roll and covered the two pieces in foil so they'd be shiny and silver like mine.  He was jumping all over, doing his best to do the moves that I was doing. :)  Oh, and I had to put his shoes on him too, so he was just like Mommy.

2 comments:

Jen and Todd said...

Okay, I think the photo of the two of you working out is one of the cutest photos ever! Love your ice cream idea...definitely going to try that.

Dawn said...

I last photo is my absolute favorite! :-)