Thursday, April 8, 2010

He's on his Way!

Well, I received calls today from Mona and Owen's neonatologist to let me know that they are removing his feeding tube. He struggled a little bit yesterday afternoon to get enough food in, but overnight he ate like a champ. This morning he's done really well too, so they feel like he is ready to do it without the tube. They've also scheduled his MMU for tonight. That will start around 5PM and go until 5AM tomorrow. His neonatologist said that normally they'd do his car seat test tomorrow, but Fridays are busy days for car seat tests, so if they can fit it in today, he will have it done today. That just leaves his hearing test tomorrow and he could be sent home. Paul and I are scheduled to take infant CPR tomorrow night, so I asked if he could stay through then. Mona said that they may be able to set it up where we actually stay overnight with him tomorrow night and have him off of the monitor so that we can have a little more piece of mind taking him home off of the monitor. So, it looks like Saturday might be the day!!! Please keep us in your prayers!

We believe in miracles! Laur and Paul

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy and excited for Owen to be at home with you Laurie and Paul! What a blessing! He is doing so well. I will definitely keep you in my prayers that all goes well.

Love, Stephanie Raleigh

The Withers Family said...

Wow! That is awesome :) Call if you need ANYTHING or have any questions. All our love!!

Pammy said...

:) So proud of you all three of you!!! Prayers that you will soon be all under one roof.