Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Morning Funnies


Many mornings over the last 6 weeks, I've seen an unusual sight - a large (adult size), furry, hot pink gorilla standing outside the Downtowner restaurant waving at me! Apparently she (aren't the pink gorillas girls?) wants me to come eat breakfast with her. I giggle to myself each time she is out there and always mean to tell you about her. If she wasn't on such a busy street, I'd try to take a photo to show proof that I am not losing my mind!

Owen had a great night. His night nurse put his bed flat, so we will see how that goes with his reflux. He hasn't been in his danny sling since he had his explosion the other night and I had to take it home to wash it. Our hope is that he can come home without it.

He gained weight again overnight - he's up to 5 lbs., 13 oz! He's becoming quite a little pork chop now. We can definitely feel a difference in his height and weight when we hold him. His little cheeks are starting to fill out nicely too.

He's been known to finish a whole bottle every once in awhile, but he usually gets pretty tired out midway through and falls asleep before he's done. Once he is able to finish them consistently, we will be on the fast track home. The nurses say that it will happen really fast - it will just click with him and he'll start finishing every feeding. So at this point, we don't have a date yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we here something. We've been told that they usually don't do the circumcision until a few days before they get to go home and he had that done yesterday. On Sunday, our nurse said, "This is your warning - get everything done at home that you need to do before he comes home because he's going to be there soon!"

We believe in miracles!!! Laur and Paul

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Laur-I think the hosp. food is getting to you. I don't think pink gorillas exist. O-you need to keep getting bigger and stronger before your mommy goes crazy.

The Mordorski's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo D. said...

What a great warning! Owen - we are praying that you can go home soon. Keep up the great work!