Saturday, April 10, 2010

We are Home!!!!

Oh my goodness, I get to go home today!!

We are home! Paul and I spent the night last night in Owen's hospital room, taking care of him without his monitor. It was a little scary at first, but we got more and more comfortable with it as the night went on. It was definitely nice to be able to walk around with him in our room and not be chained to the monitor with all of his cords! We are loving that!

Our first real family photo together without tubes and wires!
His nurse practitioner did her final set of rounds on him. She told us to pretty much plan on being at home for the next month or so - no taking Owen to parties, church, the grocery store, etc. His immune system is just too immature to be in crowds. We mentioned that he is getting baptized on May 2 and she said, "Make sure that anyone who touches him uses hand sanitizer first and don't make it too big of a party." She also said that no kids should hold him for another month or two. Normally we wouldn't be so obsessive, but we don't want to end up back in the NICU, so please don't be offended when we ask you to sanitize your hands at our house, if we don't attend your party or if we don't allow your children to hold him for awhile yet. It's nothing personal!

All packed up and ready to head home.


Well, it's time to go enjoy our baby! We believe in miracles!!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I woke up this morning with my hands over my head and I just knew it was going to be a good day for Owen and his family! Congratulations and welcome home sweet boy. You are so loved. Excited to meet him. Call if you want any visitors this week. I've got a really light week.

Jo said...

I'm soooo happy for you! Welcome home Owen! I bet you just love your room.

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congrats! I have been thinking about you and thinking the time has to be close to get home and be a family! I am so excited for you even if you have to hang out at home. It will probably be a nice change after running to the hospital on a daily basis. Good luck and take care. Get some rest and enjoy the time. It goes far too quickly.

The Withers Family said...

YEAH!!!! We have been waiting to hear the news. The day was definitely not the same without you guys here, but we were so happy knowing you were going home with Owen, it was bittersweet :) Let us know when we can come and visit. Enjoy your little one and give our love to Owen!

Pammmy said...

Yeah!!!! So looking forward to meeting him. Let me know when you are ready for a quick visit! I hope he adjusts well.

Jody said...

I am sooo glad for you!! You have been waiting for a long time, so happy for you all. Your prayers have been answered. He is a little angel.
Jody

Jenny said...

YEAH!!!! Welcome home O! Be nice to mommy and daddy now.

Happy Anniversary Laur and Paul!!!

Katie J. said...

I'm so happy for you!! I just knew your little guy would be okay!