Friday, April 9, 2010

Passed the Test!

I just got a phone call from Owen's neonatologist. She said that he passed his MMU test! The only spells he had were when he was eating, or I guess more specifically, being burped. He's done that pretty consistently for us, so we weren't surprised. He has been pulling himself out of them very quickly and since we are always with him when they happen, the doctor isn't concerned about them. If he was having them while he was sleeping, they wouldn't have passed him because chances are we wouldn't be right there with him to help bring him out of it if he needed assistance. Right now he is down having his car seat test and then he will have he hearing test. She said that he is off of his monitor and will stay that was all day.

Paul and I have an infant CPR class at the hospital tonight and then we are going to sleep over at the hospital in Owen's room. It will be nice to have nurses around to help during our first night with him off the monitor. Tomorrow at some point, we will get to take him home if all keeps progressing well. Please keep us in your prayers!

We believe in miracles!

4 comments:

Pammy said...

I am just giddy with excitement for you guys! Love to you all!!

Dawn said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy you will be taking Owen home within the next 24 hours or so. How exciting for you two!! Have fun showing him his new room and all of the clothes and toys you have just waiting for him!! Love ya!! Dawn

The Withers Family said...

I am sure you will not get too much sleep tonight....too much excitement! We cannot wait to hear the news :) Lots of Love!

Jenny said...

AWESOME news!! Have a great weekend at home as a family of 3. Loves