Friday, July 20, 2012

Owen's First Parade

Growing up, I loved going to the White Bear Avenue parade each year.  I have been wanting to take Owen to a parade, but they all seem to happen right smack dab in the middle of naptime.  When I heard that the WBA parade was last week, I knew we had to take him!  My mom and dad were sweet enough to go stake out a spot for us a couple hours in advance and then we met them after work.  We were a little bummed to discover that when they re-did WBA, they made it a divided street and the parade was going to go on the other side of the street.  But then we were REALLY bummed when the police allowed the people behind us to go stand on the divider, so none of us could see and Owen couldn't get any candy. :(  Oh well, we still had fun and Owen enjoyed his first parade!
Enjoying his first freezie
 Best seat in the house!
 He LOVED seeing the fire trucks, but was petrified of the sirens

 Fire trucks with ladders are even better!
 Dancing to the marching bands

No comments: