Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day at Heidi's House

I thought today would be much harder than it was.  I was prepared for tears - Owen's and mine, but we both made it through okay.  It was our first day at Heidi's daycare.  She said that he did very well, but was just quiet.  When we first got there, he was so engrossed in the toys that I got a half-hearted hug and he was back at it.  That made it so much easier on me!  I would have felt awful leaving him if he was crying and fussing because he'd feel like I was abandoning him.  She said that a short while later, he did cry softly and said my name, but she was able to calm him quickly.  He did tell her a few times that he had to go potty - which is another thing we were worried about.  He is doing very well, but once in awhile, he gets too distracted to listen to his body.  We thought with all of the new toys and kids that he'd forget and have accidents. 

He ate well and slept well, so that was good!  He enjoyed playing outside and reading a Curious George book.  Heidi knows my obsession for photos, so she was kind enough to send me an email tonight with a "glimpse" of Owen's day.  So sweet!

This little sign was on the door welcoming Owen this morning
 He was too busy to stop for a photo, so this was the best we could do!
 Sitting in circle time with his new friends Lily and Kendall
 Anyone for some Lacrosse?
(Heidi requires them to wear socks - he doesn't normally wear socks and sandals).
 Playing on the big playground
 Eating with my new friends
 Riding on the horsie was his favorite activity

1 comment:

Jen and Todd said...

So happy it went well! I was thinking about you guys today!