Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Funny Things I Don't Want to Forget

Owen talks to much now.  I can hardly believe it some days!  Here are just a few things that he says and does that I don't want to forget.

He pretends that his sea horse bath toy is the doctor and the walrus and dolphin are always sick, so they have to go see the doctor.  Tonight they were sick, so he had to use the wash cloth to wipe them off.

Our nightly bedtime ritual is reading 3 books, going potty one more time, brushing teeth, singing a few songs and saying our prayers.  I think we've sung the ABC's too close to prayers because in church last Sunday, when we tried to get him to do the sign of the cross, he said, "Father, Son, DEFGHIJKLNOP."

Tonight as we were getting jammies on, Daddy came up to say good-night. He said, "Owen, Mommy and Daddy love you SO much."  Owen replied, "Daddy, I love you and Mommy's toes too!"

He's big on counting right now, but gets to 12 and then says, "14, 14, 14!"  We can't get him to say 13 or 15.

The other day I said, "Owen you are cute!"  He replied with, "No, YOU are cute!"

I asked Paul for something the other day without saying please, and I had a little shadow that said, "Use manners Mommy!"

Owen is an excellent eater.  He will eat pretty much anything.  Now when I make something he likes particularly well, he says, "Mmmm, good cook Mama!"  Mind you, it could be a bowl of Rice Krispies or a bowl of raspberries!

No comments: