Friday, September 28, 2012

Testing Boundaries

So daycare drop off is going much better - no more tears.  He has fun at Heidi's and doesn't want to leave when I pick him up in the afternoon. He still has been peeing his pants instead of telling us or Heidi that he has to go though.  It's so frustrating!  He was doing so well, so I know that he CAN do it, he just won't.  Speaking of won't, he's been testing boundaries a lot these past few weeks.  Anything that I tell him not to do, he does and whenever I try to get him to do things, he won't.  Where is my good boy!?!  In his place, I have a defiant little guy who won't listen.  Grrr!  He is constantly in time out and in tears.  Some days I'm right there with him (with the tears part, not the time out part!)

Some funny things that he's saying and doing right now:
-He sings Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Farmer in the Dell, You Are My Sunshine.
-He sings the ABC's, but always skips L and M.
-He often says, "No you sing Mommy, just me sing!"
-At breakfast last weekend, he was counting in German.  He can count to 10 in Spanish and German!
-He ALWAYS wants to read a Little People Christmas book right now.  On one page, a little girl is getting licked by a dog.  The other night, he turned around, grabbed onto my face like he was going to kiss me and he tried to start licking me like the puppy!

Here are some photos of Owen from last night.  Thursday night is our date night.  We go to dinner and then head to school. 

So proud of his new backpack, he had to bring it into the restaurant
 Who took my BABY and left this big BOY!?!
 His school is in a building that has an indoor park, complete with waterfalls
Stacking

Painting
Today when I picked him up at Heidi's, I surprised him by taking him to the park to meet Sully for a playdate.  Ronda even came to watch them play!  He was very excited to see "Sully Boo."

No comments: