He maintained his weight at 1700 grams (roughly 3 pounds, 9 ounces). They are more than likely going to try putting him in a crib today to see if he can maintain his temperature. If he can't, they'll put him back in the isolette so he isn't using his calories to keep warm, but to grow and digest his food properly.
Here are a few photos of him from last night and this morning. I just can't get over how different he looks in clothes! You can see from the first few that he's getting good with his pacifier. It helps him to develop the suck, swallow and breathe skill that he will need to get rid of the feeding tube and start eating from a bottle. I think he looks like Maggie Simpson when he is sucking on the paci! It's pretty cute. The paci is still so big for him! It takes up a lot of his face - and that is after we cut half of it off!




Last night we had our Baptism preparation class. We are so excited for Owen to be Baptized and to officially become a member of the community that has been praying so hard for him. Paul and I have been overwhelmed by the support and prayers we've received from our parish - even from people we've never met! It has truly been a blessing and I wish that we had words to express how grateful we are! Thank you so much for everything.
We believe in miracles! Laur and Paul
No comments:
Post a Comment